Saturday, December 3, 2011

November 2011 Outings - LACMA & Getty Center (pic heavy)

(click any image to enlarge)

November was a busy school month for me. This included an Excursion Project for one of my art classes. This project, however, was a very enjoyable one as I was able to re-visit two of my favorite art museums here in Los Angeles, CA, the LACMA and the Getty Center.

LACMA

Being the procrastinator I am, I was only able to visit the LACMA at night for only an hour. The plus was that I attended on the second Tuesday of the month, in which admission all-day is free. Also, because I was there for only an hour, parking was free too!

The famous Urban Light by Chris Burden.

Views from the third floor of the Contemporary Arts Building.


I had to sneek in the following photos since photography is not allowed within the contemporary art exhibits. These are just SOME of the art.

Andy Warhol, Rorschach (Third Floor)
Robert Therrien, Blue Plastic Plates (Third Floor)


ASCO Exhibit (Second Floor)
This specific exhibit took up an entire floor and is comprised of the entire artwork collection of ASCO, a small group of Chicano artists, from the 70s and 80s.


_____________________________________________________________
THE GETTY CENTER

The next day was spent at the Getty Center, which is the bigger of the two Getty museums in Los Angeles. Admission is free but parking is $15. I recommend both Getty museums as great date locations. The art is beautiful, there is both a fancy and casual restaurant, there are PLENTY of views, and many sit-down areas to talk, eat or just take it all in.

By the way, if you ever have the chance, visit the Getty Villa in Malibu. That one specializes in more Greek and Roman classical artwork and is just as beautiful. Admission is also free.


Getty Center from the 405 freeway.

Of course I had to take a picture.

The exhibit I wanted to see, Narrative Interventions in Photography.
One of the MANY sit-down areas.
The Getty Center garden.
A finally, these next photos make up the entire skyline view of Los Angeles taken from the back of the West Pavillion Building.
Hollywood mountains. You can even see snow.

In the distance you can see downtown Los Angeles.
The 405 freeway.
Palos Verdes (the mountain), Santa Monica, and Malibu.


To post my entire collection of photos from just the Getty Center would be insane so I hope that these photos gave a sweet little sneak peek into what the LACMA and the Getty Center have to offer.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment