Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Water Marble Nail Art

Photos of my experience and final product. Video tutorial attached (video not mine).

Check out my further experiences with Water Marble Nail Art.
What You Will Need:
  • 2-3 (or more) nail polishes
  • bowl or cup (something you'll allow to get dirty)
  • filtered water
  • a large pointy pick (something you'll allow to get dirty)
  • paper towel (something sturdy to wipe excess nail polish from pick)
  • tape (optional; used to cover the skin around your fingernail)


Colors Used (from left to right):
OPI's OPI Ink, OPI's Cozu-Melted In The Sun, Bettina #74


Start of by putting one drop of either nail polish you choose on the water's surface. Then quickly place another drop of the next nail polish color within the first one. Continue this process with the rest of your nail polish colors until you get a colorful "masterpiece" like the one I created below.

Now, just use your pick to make any simple design. For instance, I used my pick to drag the inner most circle of nail polish outwards toward the outer most ring of nail polish. This will create a curved, "candy cane"-like design on my nails. Finally, swiftly but smoothly, dunk your nail (facing horizontally) onto design and remove the excess nail polish with pick before removing nail from water.


The colorful mess I made

The Final Product (on each hand)


There are plenty of tutorials on youtube, each with different designs ranging from easy to more complex.
Type in the search bar, "water marble nail art" or "water marbling".
Check out one of the tutorials I based my water marbling experience on below.

Credit for video goes to "SimpleLittlePleasures" on Youtube.

What I've Learned: While I am in love with Water Marbling, it does use up a lot of nail polish. This is especially true if you use a larger bowl like I did. So what I did is, like in the video above, used a tiny sized dixie cup.

Check out my further experiences with Water Marbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment